If you’ve ever said to yourself, “My list is too small to (insert exciting, risky, action here that’ll actually help you build your list), then you’re going to love reading this wonderful story about my client who I’ll call Sonja.
Sonja is a health coach who focuses on helping her clients find a non-toxic beauty regimen that works for their skin type.
When we began working together, Sonja had a mailing list of twenty-something subscribers including her boyfriend, her aunt, and even herself.
As you can imagine, one of her more immediate priorities was to grow her list so she could grow her client base. But our friend Sonja worried that without an advertising budget, she didn’t have enough connections or credibility to build a list quickly (or even slowly for that matter).
But Sonja knew something had to be done, so she made a list of other coaches who shared her audience but didn’t directly offer the same services.
If you create weekly content as a coach, you know how time-consuming it can be and what a gift it is to have someone volunteer to help you carry the burden for a week!
So, Sonja crafted a blog post about the importance of beauty from the inside out and the fact that, once you have your nutrition needs covered, there are a few additional skincare tips to really enhance that healthy glow.
The blog was beautifully written and jam-packed with juicy info to help readers in their quest for gorgeous skin. But then, at the bottom of her compelling blog, Sonja shared a very clearly outlined invitation for readers to visit her site so they could sign up for a complimentary concierge session.
Within less than a week, she had a subscriber list of over 400 people, a full client list, and a wait-list of people trying to get in for her appointments.
She went from worrying about how the heck to get her coaching business off the ground to worrying about how on earth she’d meet the demand she faced.
So, why did this work well?
1. Sonja was very purposeful about the influencer she selected as a C.O.I. She chose someone who not only shared an audience without being a competitor, but also had a very large following. But truthfully, this works even if your colleague’s list is smaller.
2. She wrote a well written, juicy blog guaranteed to provide true value to the reader.
3. She included a crystal clear call to action in her bio that directed people to her website where they could sign up for her value-packed, lead magnet.
4. Once people opted-in to her list, she built rapport with more valuable content.
5. Then, she invited them to take the next step and book a free discovery session.
6. She knows how to convert leads into clients inside those discovery sessions.
Psst… Did that last step make you nervous? No sweat. Click here to download my Flawless Free Session Formula to give you clarity and confidence in those discovery sessions of yours.
What I love most about Sonja’s strategy is that you don’t need an advertising budget, big reputation, or a ton of time to execute it.
All you need is great content (which I know you have because you’re darn good at what you do!).
From there, it’s as simple as asking the other coaches in your world if they’d like to share your content with their list.
Now, for some homework… Write a list of seven influencers, coaches or service providers who share an audience without being a competitor. Then, challenge yourself to reach out to one person each week and watch that list of yours grow and grow.
I’d love to hear how it goes… head on over to the Coaches on a Mission Facebook group and let me know.